There are just so many essential elements for a girls weekend* in one of the prettiest cities in the world. We're never in need an excuse for a roadtrip, and yet you provide so many.
1. Rent a cozy base for the weekend.
2. Eat a sensible evening meal.
3. Admire the stunning Royal Crescent and the equally beautiful Circle - both near and from a distance.
4. Try the lipsmacking gluten-free scones for brunch in the opulent Pump rooms.
5. Conquer a Dickensian hill or six.
6. Visit the world famous Roman Baths.
7. Don't forget to make your offering to the ancient gods.
8. Parade about the Fashion Museum and try a little of the fashion on (and no, we aren't sharing photos...)
9. Visit the perfectly preserved Georgian museum, No. 1 Royal Crescent.
10. Take a stroll in the Golden hour past the Mayor's office (on a previous trip I learned that one of the Mayors collected peppercorns, a traditional subsititue for rent as peppercorns used to be so expensive? One time we joined one of the volunteer walks, and found ourselves IN the mayors office where he displayed his peppercorn collection.)
11. Admire the stunning Pulteney Bridge, possibly visiting the unique shops built across its full span on both sides.
12. Pause for a moment in Bath Cathedral.
13. Take approximately 600 photos in two days.
14. Pause again outside to admire the gorgeous, intricate Jacob's Ladder on the facade.
15. Take a Sally Lunn and bottle of Bath ale home for the better half.
16. Spend a Saturday evening floating in a Spa.
17. Forget all about meat at the Green Rocket Cafe (who have an epic gluten free cake selection). The Kale on this breakfast was insanely good. Every forkful was a taste of heaven.

18. Leave vowing to book your next visit as soon as possible realising that Bath is only a short journey from London.
*Or with your own Mr Darcy, it's totally your choice


I've not been to Bath in years! Though I have to admit this post has made me really want to go back! Hope you girls had a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteLauren xx
www.thelifestylediaries.com
Lol! Great tips...I'll have to force Mr S to see the Roman Baths when we go...he's probably rather just go for scones.
ReplyDeleteLots of love,
Angie
SilverSpoon London
I'm very jealous of your Lunn bun sandwich! X
ReplyDeleteGreat tips! used to live not too far from Bath and its such a pretty city with lovely independent shops! :) x
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful place!
ReplyDeleteThat was a super fun weekend Emma and points 2 and 4 are the best! ;-) Thanks for being a smurfette for the weekend; I thought that hill at the end was going to get us! xx
ReplyDeleteOoh, you make me want to revisit Bath.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lovely girls weekend! I just love Bath, such a photogenic city x
ReplyDeleteLOL I had to chuckle at your "take approximately 600 photos in two days" as that is so me too! I didn't quite get 600..only 397 but then I was really only there a day and a half. These are all great tips for folks that haven't visited Bath yet. It is really such a lovely city. One day I'll definitely be back to visit again.
ReplyDelete397 isn't a bad record at all! It's a blogger addiction that can't quite be slaked :)
ReplyDelete...and when the sun is out it's unbeatable - unbeatable!
ReplyDeleteDo it. Take me :)
ReplyDeleteThank you too! We conquered it like true Kiwis :)
ReplyDeleteIt's so very beautiful Amy - one of my utter favourites!
ReplyDeleteWe were SO impressed by all the beautiful inde shops - all the pretties!
ReplyDeleteIt was simply amazeballs! A little OTT on the bacon, but perfect nevertheless!
ReplyDeleteJust sit him next door with a coffee :D
ReplyDeleteIt was so lovely Lauren - you should definitely go!
ReplyDeleteThere's no such thing as too much bacon. x
ReplyDeleteMum and I were chatting last night and saying we might head over for a weekend/couple of nights over summer/in Autumn, so thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos Emma!
ReplyDeletePolly xx
Awww, thank you!
ReplyDeleteYeah, you're right :D
ReplyDeleteOh lovely!! If you do, pop in to the Thermae Spa - they have a fab weekday Twilight package, and the view from the top is amazing as the sunsets!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like such a lovely weekend break! Go on, share a little of those fashion photos with us, you know you want to :) I keep hearing about this Sally Lunn place - was it amazing?!
ReplyDeleteBath is one place I would really love to visit!
ReplyDeletebeen meaning to head back to Bath, its so pretty.
ReplyDeleteI've wanted to go to Bath for years, I think 2015 might just be the year! x
ReplyDeleteI love Bath, it is one of my favourite places in the UK
ReplyDeleteThere is just a je nes sais quoi about it, isn't there?
ReplyDeleteHonestly go! (And I have a spare return ticket that needs to be used by the 14th of April if you'd like it! :D
ReplyDeleteOh yes there is. It takes my breath away every time
ReplyDeleteAnd in the sunshine, almost unbeatable!
ReplyDeleteIt's so sweet - and quite easily a day trip from London!
ReplyDeleteWe wouldn't want to scar your eyeballs!
ReplyDeleteSally Lunn is a quaint institution, and the Sally Lunn's are scrummy :)